Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Blueberry Pickin'

Jeff was recently pulled onto a 6/30 year-end client (aka a client that has its busy season in the summer), just for a week luckily, but he had to work saturday. In his absence I opted to drive out to Tyngsboro, MA with Mary and Dean for early morning blueberry picking at Parlee Farms! We chose a great weekend to go because the blueberries were big, and plump, and ripe, and super tasty! The deal was 2.99/lb if you picked at least 5 pounds so I filled my so called "5 pound bucket" to the brim and ended up with 6.7 lbs of blueberries. Woops. But they were the best blueberries ever so what's a couple extra pounds in the freezer?


Mary was the first to fill her bucket. She's a quick picker!

Full to the brim. I kept thinking of the line from Fantastic Mr. Fox, "Beagles-love-blueberries".


The following sunday we had a nice meal with friends and I made a blueberry crisp for dessert. It was DELISH. Can't wait to make it again. Although I might need to put the blueberries to use in a few other goodies first. Blueberry pancakes, cobbler, and muffins look out! Thank you Parlee farms : )

2 comments:

  1. Why have I never gone blueberry picking?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make this cake: http://ellenpatton.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-much-for-one-of-them-blueberry.html

    ReplyDelete