Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 and Settling In

We moved to Utah just in time for the holidays and it was our turn to visit Jeff's family for Christmas, We hadn't been planning to see family at all in the 2015 holiday season, in fact, some of my family was in Hawaii for Thanksgiving, and we had done family reunions with both of our families this past summer in anticipation of just doing Thanksgiving and Christmas on our own in Boston. But of course with our move out west it made it a no brainer to visit with loved ones. Half of my side of the family was enjoying the hawaiian breezes of Kuai over thanksgiving, so Jeff and I made a quick weekend trip up to Idaho Falls for Thanksgiving. Steffany, Joe, and their kids were visiting from Seattle, so it made for an extra fun time. And of course the Orgills live close enough that they can swing by Jeff's parents house any time. There's always shenanigans with our nieces and nephews.

Left to right: Jack, Kaia, Tabria, Sam, Davis

How many push-ups can one Jeff do with a Maggie on his back?

Tabria, and Davis, such cuties : )
Thanksgiving dinner was delicious and we had a fun time going out on Black Friday to witness some of the madness. I think Idaho Falls is busier on this day than a lot of other places. There were people everywhere! We also went to the Idaho Falls Christmas parade and stood in the cold long enough to see Santa ride by before running back to the warm car. 

Nick with bundled up Alicia, and Davis & Mindy. Waiting for Santa.

After Thanksgiving, we headed back to Utah for a few weeks, and started our new jobs. Surprisingly I am loving having a desk job. It's kind of nice working with adults and having my own desk, and being able to take my hour long lunch whenever I want. I certainly miss my old job at times and the kids I worked with, but I am excited for this new position and the opportunities for growth it is providing me. One bonus is that I can take classes from BYU for free! I have my eye on a few courses that I'd love to start in the spring : )


My desk!

Beautiful views from campus

One of my office storage units just happens to be in the football stadium. So that's fun to visit.

Jeff had a fun start at DOMO. We both started just in time to go to all of the holiday work parties. First off, DOMO rented out a bunch of theaters at Thanksgiving Point for the employees to see the new Star Wars movie. Jeff was able to invite guests, so our friend Steven was able to join us! It was a pretty fun morning. Our show time was 8am the morning of the movie release. 



DOMO provided everyone with some tasty breakfast treats to enjoy during the movie. Each seat had a nice  box of goodies waiting for us : )


We didn't have high expectations for the movie, seeing as there was so much hype around it. But we came out of it thinking it was one of the best Star Wars films yet. Lots of fun!


It's been a great start for both of us, and we are excited to have these new jobs! More on our Christmas work parties to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment