Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Chamber of Secrets Meeting

This really is just the best time of year to be part of a Harry Potter book club. I always associate Harry Potter with Halloween and the Holiday season. Our second HP Boston Book Club meeting was on September 11 and we had a great turnout! So glad to have found some fellow Potter loving muggles here on the east coast. I realize now that I didn't even take a picture of the whole gang; major oversight. Next time I'll do better. Mary and Michelle brought some every flavor beans (jelly bellies this time, much tastier) and I tried my hand at cauldron cakes! I've always loved the details of the Harry Potter stories and reading about all of the magical sweets. Cauldron cakes have always sounded delicious to me and they were so fun to make!


Cauldron cakes full of polyjuice potion & homemade wands!

We made our own wands out of paper, hot glue, and acrylic paint. They turned out even cooler than I expected!


Mary and Dean had to test their new wands out.

Too much fun. I love it!

Now it's on to Prisoner of Azkaban and I cannot wait. It was and may still be my favorite book of the series. I'm taking the train to work this week so I'll have plenty of time to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment