Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Saturday, November 16, 2013

New York, New York!

My mom turned 45 this year and for her birthday she came out to the east coast! I boarded the Bolt Bus early wednesday morning from Boston to New York and met her at the Lexington Hotel in NYC.

The Lexington, Lexington Ave and East 48th Street (picture from google).

We spent a lot of time walking the streets of the city and taking in the sights.


I thought this building was really pretty among the tall skyscrapers.

One of the things we did while in NYC was to attend the filming of the Bethenny Frankel show. My mom was interviewed during the filming and we got on TV! The episode aired November 19th.



Inside the studio.

We also made a point at stopping at lots of fun shops as we walked through the city. Dylan's Candy Bar was packed with sweets from floor to ceiling. 


There was literally candy in the floor.

It was a fun time to be in Manhattan with all of the Christmas decorations being put up for the holidays.


In front of Rockefeller Center


We got a slice of each cake at Magnolia Bakery to celebrate the 14th which was my mom's birthday. Don't worry we didn't eat it all!


We also ate dinner at Serendipity! My sister's good friend Jake (who is going to school in New York and who also worked at my mom's candy store this summer) was able to meet up with us and share in on our celebratory evening. 


It was so festive at this quirky little restaurant. I loved the decorations.

Serendipity's famous frozen hot chocolate. So good!




On the last day we were in NYC we took a stroll in Central Park. It was so quiet and peaceful in the morning. 




It was fun to spend time in the Big Apple with my ma. We boarded a bus back to Boston to spend the rest of the week with Jeff! Part two of mom's visit to come.

2 comments:

  1. I heart New York! I'm going there this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was insanely jealous this entire post. serendipity. christmas lights in NY. rockafeller center. being interviewed on bethenny?? just way too many good things in only a couple days. looks like FUN!

    ReplyDelete