Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Sunday, March 6, 2016

We're Here For RSL!

It was a typical wednesday afternoon, I had just returned from a meeting and was getting back into my desk-work when I saw that Jeff had texted me, "call me when you can, I have a fun activity for tonight". My curiosity sparked, I stepped outside to call him back. He proceeded to tell me the best news you can receive on a typical Wednesday -- we had box seat tickets to the Real Salt Lake CONCACAF Cup match! Jeff's CEO has season tickets and offered them to his finance department for this exciting match. I was thrilled! Jeff and I met at home after work and headed to Rio Tinto stadium as quickly as we could.


This stadium is awesome. It's a soccer specific stadium based off of European designs and it has such a cool atmosphere. I had intentions to attend a game here all through my college years but never made it for one reason or another. I'm SO glad we were given the chance this year! And what an introduction to the place. Box seats at mid-field, with a suite filled with catered food and drinks! It was so cool!





Jeff and I were the first ones to show up of his coworkers, so we had time to enjoy the suite all to ourselves and to walk around the stadium a bit. We were headed to the team store but didn't make it far when Jeff spotted a vendor selling last year's jerseys and gear at a major discount. We can now say we are official Real Salt Lake fans : )



As kickoff time approached we headed back to our seats, and Jeff's coworkers and their plus ones began to arrive. The match was an exciting one and it was so fun to watch players like Rimando, Beckerman, and Plata up close. Even though the game ended in a 1-1 tie RSL lost the match-up overall, due to their loss in the first leg of the tournament. Regardless of the outcome we had a fantastic time and are proud to call ourselves supporters of RSL.



The supporters section at Rio Tinto are known as the RioT, and they start the cheers and chants that go around the stadium. They have some great songs that were catchy and fun to sing along with. One of the chants we sing when RSL scores or does something good is:

If you believe then just stand up on your feet. 
and shout it loud, REAL! 
Here at the RioT the battle hymn's begun. 
We're here for RSL!



So thank you to DOMO for giving us this fun mid-week outing. We loved it! Go RSL!


No comments:

Post a Comment