Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Monday, October 27, 2014

Leaf Peeping

I guess "leaf peeping" is an east coast term because most people give us a weird look or questioning response when we tell them that was what we did over the weekend. For anyone not in the know, leaf peeping is the activity of traveling to wooded areas in the fall to view the delightful changing colors of autumn foliage. Every time I see a new tree full of bright fall colors I ooh and ahh like it's the first time I've ever see fall foliage. But it is so brilliant in New England this time of year that I can't help it.

Fall is definitely my favorite season. Maybe it's such a wonderful season to make up for what follows. Jeff and I recently went to an awesome concert in Boston for a band called Judah & the Lion; an up and coming band who's music we have both come to really enjoy. Their most recent album is the perfect soundtrack for Fall. One of the lyrics of their songs (actually from a different album) is called Seasons Colors and one of the lines is, "paint the colors of fall on my heart, so I'll remember to carry through the pain and the cold of winter." That line speaks to our experience living in Boston. The beauty of Fall makes up for the bitterness of winter. Hopefully : )

Anyway, here are some pictures from our leef peeping excursion.












No comments:

Post a Comment