Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Friday, June 20, 2014

A World Cup Tradition

Jeff and I both love World Cup. Every four years when it comes around I get so excited and love watching all the games. We were dating when the last World Cup was going on in 2010, and I remember waking up early in the morning to Jeff knocking on my door, or riding my bike over to Jeff's apartment where we would snuggle up to watch the morning games which we're being played in South Africa.

Fours years later we are enjoying the Brazil hosted games from Boston! There really is something special about the World Cup. Maybe it's because for a few weeks people all over the world take time out of their normal routines to stop and cheer for athletes from different nations and to appreciate teamwork and excellence. There is something extremely positive and meaningful about that. After one match Jeff turned to me and said, "maybe we should start a new tradition where every World Cup we decide which team we think will win and then we buy that teams' jersey and wear it throughout the tournament." I thought that was just about the best idea ever! And a new family tradition was born. So I'll be cheering on the games in my new England kit while Jeff dons his awesome Germany jersey. 

 



And obviously you have to support your home country, even if they are not the team you've selected to win the whole tournament. Don't worry USA we believe in you too! Three cheers for World Cup!!!




I believe that we will win!


No comments:

Post a Comment