Boat & Sea

Boat & Sea

Sunday, December 22, 2013

New Job

It's probably time that I mention something about my new job, now that I've been working there for two months. I am the Site Director of an after school extended learning program in the North End of Boston. I love going to work each day because of the school's location and what I get to do. I'm in charge of the overall operations for my teaching site which includes the planning and implementation of lessons/activities for approximately thirty grade school students. I take the subway into the North End (the Italian quarter of Boston that has lovely historic brick buildings, cobblestones, and lots of shops and restaurants) and pick up my students at the Eliot Elementary School, then we walk to the park which is right along a beautiful waterfront. After playing at the park we walk to the Eliot Middle School building and have snack, story time, and homework time before playing group games and making crafts. Here are some pictures I've taken on my way to and from work the past couple of months.

The school shares a courtyard with the Paul Revere statue and the Old North Church.
Eliot Elementary School in November, no snow yet.

Waterfront along the park we go to each day.

Christmas decorations everywhere this time of year!

Bostonian architecture.
Passing the Old North Church on my way to the school.

The Eliot Elementary School in December

Snowball fight in the courtyard.

I feel very blessed to have found this job and to be involved in the Boston community with so many great kids and parents and coworkers. I'm on break for Christmas Vacation now but it will be back to work in 2014!

3 comments: